Skip to content
- 1 medium watermelon (peeled, seeded)
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz. pistachio nuts (shelled, crushed)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut watermelon into 6 equal sized pieces. About ½-inch thick.
- Remove rind and seeds (if there are seeds).
- Use a baking sheet and line with aluminum foil.
- Lightly grease foil with avocado oil.
- Place watermelon pieces on baking sheet. Don’t allow them to touch.
- Season with salt, pepper and a touch of vinegar.
- Cover melon steaks with a sheet of foil.
- Cook for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove melon from oven and remove top foil sheet.
- Top steaks with pistachio.
- You may want to add a bit more seasoning depending on taste.
- Return to oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When serving, spoon juices over each steak.
- Eat warm.