Skip to content
- 1 lb. tomatillos (husked)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 serrano chile peppers (minced)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp oregano (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into a saucepan.
- Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft. About 12-15 minutes.
- Using a blender, puree tomatillos and water in batches until smooth.