Skip to content
- 10 oz. kale or arugula
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (squeezed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Medjool dates (chopped)
- 6-7 kumquats (sliced thinly, seeded)
- 3 Tbsp red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup lightly roast pistachios
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tear leaves away from stalks with kale.
- Slice leaves into thin ribbons.
- Slice the stalks of kale into small pieces. Discard tougher stems.
- In a large bowl, mix leaves and stems.
- Add lemon juice and salt and combine well.
- Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add extra virgin olive oil and maple syrup and combine.
- Add chopped dates and mix to disperse evenly.
- Stir in onion and set aside.
- Toss leaves and stems with extra virgin olive oil and maple dressing. Top with kumquats and pistachios.
- Season to taste with black pepper.