Skip to content
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 7 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 16 oz. green salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 oz. kidney beans
- Cook beef, bell pepper and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat, crumbling meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned. About 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook until fragrant. About 15 seconds.
- Stir in salsa and water, bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook until heated through. About 1 minute.
- Simmer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.