Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp honey (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup regular (not quick-cooking oats)
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp oat bran (optional)
- Combine the milk, salt, and spices in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly; add the honey, vanilla (if desired), oats, and bran (if desired), and stir until combined.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the oatmeal is thick and creamy.