Skip to content
Beet Hummus With Goat Cheese
Beet Hummus with Goat Cheese
- 3 medium beets (leave the skin on)
- 1 tsp organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TSP lemon juice
- Cook beets in a large pot of boiling water for 40 minutes or until tender. When cooled, peel beets and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a medium frypan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and cumin and cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add beets, onion mixture, chickpeas, tahini, water and lemon juice to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.