It can be hard being a parent during the best of times but with the lockdown happening, it can be even tougher. You have to juggle working from home or perhaps going to work. There are all the chores, meals, and having the kids around. It is hard to find time to unwind and relax. If you are suffering extra stress, you are not alone!
- A recent study found that the average parent does not get downtime and relaxation until 8:39 pm each night because they are busy juggling the day to day of family life.
- 75% of parents don’t feel like they can relax until the evening hours and over 85% of parents say even getting some relaxation is a “balancing act”.
- 11:54 am is the most stressful time of the day for the average parent because of the kids, stressing about money, housework, and not getting enough sleep.
3 Tips to Reduce Stress
- Mindfulness – Mindfulness is described as the psychological process of bringing your attention to the external and internal experiences happening in the present moment.
- Physical Activity – Regular physical activity is probably one of the most important habits you can to benefit your health. Physical activity happens to be one of the effective ways to deal with stress and depression.
- Time Management – Time management is a good way to prevent and cope with stress. Managing your time allows you to have a balanced professional, personal, and social life.